Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani will meet on 13.07.2019, in the first stage of League 1, on the “Marin Anastasovici” stadium in Giurgiu.
Astra Giurgiu missed the qualification in the Europa League
Astra Giurgiu has managed to qualify in all play-off editions, but in the last 3 years it finished only in 5th or 6th place. “Black and White” had a poor track in the season 2018-2019. “Dragons blacks “could have saved their season if they won the Romanian Cup, because they would have won a trophy and played in the Europa League, but they lost the final with FC Viitorul with a score of 2-1, after extensions.
- The probable team Astra Giurgiu (4-3-3): Lazar – Butean, Romário Pires, R. Crişan, Radunović – V. Gheorghe, G. Simion, G. Serban – Bègue, Alibec, R. Moise
FC Botosani was left without Burca, Oaida, Fabbrini, L. Fülöp and M. Roman II
FC Botoşani missed the playoff qualifying again, but was very close to grabbing the 6th place, requiring a draw in the last round of the regular season on FC Viitorul’s field. “Red-white-blue” had a nice team and managed to finish second in the play-out after Gaz Metan Mediaş, but ahead of Dinamo Bucharest. At the end of the play-off season, the Moldavians had 6 consecutive wins.
- Probable team FC Botosani (4-3-3): E. Pap – Harut, G. Miron, Chindris, Holzmann – Rodriguez, Papa, Aškovski – Ongenda, Ofosu, Golofca
Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani: direct results (H2H)
Until now, Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani has met 12 times in the League One, with a score of 8 “Black and White” victories, 3 draws and a “red-white-blue” success.
Latest 5 direct results
- 06.03.2017: Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani 3 – 0 (Stage 26)/They scored: 1-0 Constantin Budescu (55), 2-0 Claudiu Belu-Iordache (76), 3-0 Sergiu Buş (85)
- 08.09.2017: FC Botoşani vs Astra Giurgiu 1 – 3 (Stage 9)/They scored: 1-0 Laurenţiu Buş (31), 1-1 Romario Moise (44), 1-2 Claudiu Belu-Iordache (71), 1-3 Silviu Balaure (86)
- 15.12.2017: Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani 2 – 1 (Stage 22)/They scored: 1-0 Alexandru Ioniţă II (9 penalty), Mihai Roman II (63), 2-1 Claudiu Belu-Iordache (85)
- 10.08.2018: FC Botoşani vs Astra Giurgiu 1 – 1 (Stage 4)/They scored: 1-0 Hervin Ongenda (10), 1-1 Florin Bejan (39)
- 03.12.2018: Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botoşani 1-1 (Stage 17)/They scored: 0-1 Andrei Burcă (55), 1-1 Claudiu Belu-Iordache (74)
Astra Giurgiu vs FC Botosani Picks
Both teams have new coaches, Dan Alexa, respectively Marius Croitoru and many new players. In the regular season it was 1-1 both in Botoşani tour and return to Giurgiu. Until now the Moldavians have played 6 times in Giurgiu with Astra having a very poor balance, 5 consecutive defeats and one draw. In 4 of the 6 matches played at the “Marin Anastasovici” stadium, FC Botoşani did not score any giurgiuvens. It will be the first match of this season, the players are still not in the rhythm, and the game relations are still not set, so it is expected to be a few goals game.
Our Prediction: 1X