CFR Cluj vs CSM Politehnica Iasi will meet on July 13, 2019, from the first stage of League 1, at the “Constantin Rădulescu” stadium in Cluj Napoca.
CFR Cluj, 2 matches – 2 defeats
CFR Cluj departed with a defeat in the first official match played in the 2019-2020 season, Romanian Super Cup. The champion lost the match with FC Viitorul with 1-0, thanks to the goal scored by Andrei Artean in the 86th minute. So the team coached by Dan Petrescu debuted in the new season with two defeats of 1-0 and is in danger of losing qualification in the second round of the Champions League.
- Probable Team CFR Cluj (4-3-3): Arlauskis – Peteleu, Paulo Vinícius, A. Mureşan, Camora – Luís Aurélio, Đoković, Itu – C. Deac, Omrani, V. Costache
Flavius Stoican left, Mihai Teja came
CSM Politehnica Iasi finished 5th in the play-out, having 31p. The “White-Blue” did not have demotions with relegation, having 4p advance to the place of the dam and 6p against the first retrograde position. It was a poor season for the Iskans who, after giving Andrei Cristea to Craiova University, did not have a leader anymore.
- Probable Team CSM Politehnica Iasi (4-3-3): D. Rusu – Gallego, Chelaru, Frinesinescu, Panţaru – L. Rus, Loshaj – Danale, João Teixeira, Carlone – S. Moldovan
CFR Cluj vs CSM Politehnica Iasi: Direct results (H2H)
Until now, CFR Cluj vs CSM Politehnica Iasi have met 16 times in League One, with a record of 10 victories of “white-crushed”, 5 equal results and a “white-blue” success.
Latest 5 direct results
- 05.11.2017: CFR Cluj vs. CSM Politehnica Iasi 1 – 0 (Stage 17)/He scored: Ciprian Deac (62)
- 09.03.2018: CFR Cluj vs. CSM Politehnica Iasi 2-1 (Stage 1, play-off)/They scored: 1-0 George Ţucudean (10), 1-1 Andrei Cristea (84 penalty), Billel Omrani (90 + 3)
- 22.04.2018: CSM Politehnica Iasi vs. CFR Cluj 1 – 1 (Stage 6, play-off)/They scored: 0-1 George Ţucudean (36), 1-1 Andrei Cristea (66 penalty)
- 19.10.2018: CFR Cluj vs. CSM Politehnica Iasi 1 – 0 (Stage 12)/Marked: 1-0 Andrei Muresan (19)
- 23.02.2019: CSM Politehnica Iasi vs. CFR Cluj 0 – 1 (Stage 25)/Marked: 0-1 George Ţucudean (90 + 3)
CFR Cluj vs CSM Politehnica Iaşi Picks
The champion will play the third official match this season, after FC Viitorul (0-1) and FC Astana (0-1), while the Moldovans will be on the debut. In the previous season, CFR won 1-0 both in Cluj and return to Iasi. The “White-Blues” played 8 times in Gruia with CFR, without a victory, with 5 defeats and 3 draws. Taking into account the value of the players, the statistics of the direct matches and the fact that “the railers” will play at home, in front of the supporters, they are clearly favorites in the dispute with the Iskans. Probably the “white-cousins” will force until they have an advantage of a goal or two, after which they will stop the engines, because it will follow the return with FC Astana.
Our Prediction: 1X