Dinamo Bucharest vs Universitatea Craiova will meet on 21.07.2019, in the 2nd round of League 1, at the “Arena Arena” stadium in Bucharest.
Dinamo was overtaken at Ovidiu de FC Viitorul
Dinamo Bucharest debuted in the 2019-2020 season with a humiliating defeat, 0-5 at Ovidiu with FC Viitorul. The team trained by Eugen Neagoe had a pitiful performance, with a lot of chances, because Viitorul missed a lot of opportunities. The most dramatic defeats of the “white-red” were on January 9, 1968, 0-5 away with Cluj University, May 31, 1986, 0-5 home with Sportul Studenţesc, 4 April 1998, 0-5 away with Steaua and December 6, 2014, 1-6 away with Astra Giurgiu. Fans of “red dogs” protested vehemently to the weak play of the favorite team and demanded the resignation of coach Eugen Neagoe.
- Probabil Team Dinamo Bucharest (4-2-3-1): Straton – Moura, Klimavičius, Bejan, R. Grigore – Mrzljak, Răuţă – Sorescu, Bru, R. Moldoveanu – Montini
Craiova had a good chance to win over Clinceni Academician
Craiova University treated superficially the home match with Academica Clinceni, from the first stage of the 2019-2020 season, being on the brink of losing 2p. “White-blue” led by 1-0 and 2-1, but the newly promoted equalized by Adrian Şut (29) and Philippe Nsiah (90 + 3). The team coached by Corneliu Papură, however, won victory, with much chance at the last phase of the game, due to the goal scored 90 + 5 by Vasile Constantin. The Craioveni will play after the Dinamo Groapa match, home in Bani with the other newly promoted team, Chindia Targoviste.
- Probable Team University of Craiova (4-3-3): Pigliacelli – Martić, Kelić, Acka, Bancu – M. Şerban (V. Constantin), Qaka, A. Ivanov – Barbuţ, M. Roman II, Baiaram
Dinamo Bucharest vs Universitatea Craiova: Direct results (H2H)
Until now, Dinamo Bucharest vs Craiova University have met 12 times in the League One, with a record of 3 white-red victories, 6 draws and 3 “white-blue” successes. In the 6 matches played in Bucharest, the “red dogs” won 3 victories, the 0 oltenii successes, while 3 games ended in a draw.
Latest 5 direct results
- 22.04.2017: University of Craiova vs Dinamo Bucharest 2 – 2 (Stage 7, play-off) / scored 1-0 Andrei Ivan (1), 1-1 Juan Antonio Romera Navarro (56), 1-2 Dan Nistor 81), 2-2 Hristo Zlatinski (90 + 2)
- 16.09.2017: University of Craiova vs Dinamo Bucharest 2 – 2 (Stage 10) / They scored: 0-1 Rivaldinho (18), 0-2 Diogo Salomão (50), 1-2 Alexandru Băluţă (75), 2-2 Andrei Burlacu (89)
- 04.02.2018: Dinamo Bucharest vs Universitatea Craiova 2 – 2 (Stage 23) / They scored: 0-1 Gustavo Vagenin (22 penalty), 1-1 Adam Nemec (45 + 1), 1-2 Cristian Barbuţ (55) 2-2 Daniel Popa (85)
- 01.09.2018: University of Craiova vs Dinamo Bucharest 3 – 0 (Stage 7) / scored 1-0 Elvir Koljić (45 + 2), 2-0 Alexandru Mitriţă (69), 3-0 Alexandru Mitriţă (76)
- 15.12.2018: Dinamo Bucharest vs Universitatea Craiova 3 – 0 (Stage 20) / Matti Montini (30), Matti Montini (2)
Dinamo Bucuresti vs Universitatea Craiova Picks
It will be by far the most anticipated match of the 2nd round and the fact that it will take place on the National Arena will make it even more attractive. “White-red” come after a shameful result at Ovidiu, 0-5 with FC Viitorul and they need a victory, to be rehabilitated in front of supporters. The “white-blue” did not convincing themselves in the first round, but they won 3p. “Red Dogs” will play in CFR’s third round in Cluj and if they lose the game with the Craiova, they would risk having 0p in 3 stages. The Oltenians are a bit tired, because they played on Səbail FK on Thursday with a score of 3-2 in the Europa League. They never won in 6 matches on Dinamo’s field and hoped to “break the ice” and make it on Sunday night. The guests scored 3 goals in all three matches this season, in doubles with Azerbaijan and Clinceni, but they also received 2 goals. The hosts have a very vulnerable defense.
Our Prediction: Over 2.5